POLICE INTEGRITY IN THE WESTERN BALKANS
Venue: Hotel Bosnia, Kulovica 9, Sarajevo
Time: Friday, 8th May from 9:30
Regional network of civil society organizations POINTPULSE is organizing a panel “Police Integrity in the Western Balkans” that will be held on Friday, 8 May from 9:30 in the Hotel Bosnia, Kulovica 9 in Sarajevo. The draft programme of the panel is below the invitation letter.
The discussion will be held in Serbian, Montenegrin, Bosnian and English language. Simultaneous translation will NOT be provided.
These questions will be address at the event:
- How can civil society encourage accountability and integrity in policing?
- What are main problems in developing accountable police in the region?
- What are the main risks of corruption in the police?
- In which parts of the police there is most danger of corruption?
- What should be the priorities of the police reform process in the region?
Introductory speech: Deputy Minister of Security in Bosnia and Herzegovina Miljo Krešić.
- Sasa Djordjevic, Researcher, Belgrade Centre for Security Policy (BCSP),
- Alma Kovacevic, Programme Coordinator, Centre for Security Studies (CSS) from Sarajevo,
- Dina Bajramspahić, Public Policy Researcher, Institute Alternative (IA) from Podgorica,
- Plator Avdiu, Researcher, Kosovo Centre for Security Studies (KCSS) from Pristina.
Moderator: Hamza Visca from the Centre for Security Studies, Sarajevo
Please confirm your participation until Thursday 4th May by phone: +387 33 262 455 / 262 456 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org