Signing of Memorandum of cooperation with Ministry of Interior Affairs is a good opportunity for advocacy of research findings and recommendations of Institute Alternative (IA), Stevo Muk, president of the Managing Board of IA, said.
Signing ceremony of Memorandum of cooperation between our organization and Ministry of Interior Affairs was organized on Tuesday in Podgorica.
Memorandum, signed by Stevo Muk and Raško Konjević, interior minister, streamlines the man areas of cooperation between IA and the Ministry.
Areas of cooperation entail:
- public administration reform,
- personal data protection with regard to the implementation of secret surveillance measures by the Police Directorate,
- work of Administrative Inspection,
- internal control,
- development of program budget for work of Police Directorate,
- development of integrity plan for the Ministry,
- monitoring of action plans for fight against corruption at local level and overall activities of the Ministry with respect to accession negotiations with the EU.
“Ministry of Interior Affairs and Institute Alternative will particularly cooperate in the field of development of merit-based recruitment and promotion systems”, the document stressed.
Stevo Muk said that signing of Memorandum served as additional opportunity for advocacy of findings and recommendations of our organization, given that IA large part of activities devotes to research and analysis.
“The ultimate aim of our demands is increase of transparency and accountability of all institutions, and thus of this ministry and of this minister as well”, Muk added.